Mission: To reduce the impact of substance abuse by helping people locate proper addiction treatment and provide accurate recovery information.
Mindfulness Leaders Of The Modern Recovery Movement
We need to be mindful of how we speak around those in substance abuse to avoid stigma and discouragement. – even if they have been used historically.
Here are some words to avoid that inadvertently pass judgement:
- Old Term: Addict, Alcoholic, Junkie
- New Term: A person with or suffering from a substance use disorder
- Old Term: Lapse, Relapse, Slip
- New Term: Resumed or experienced a “recurrence” of symptoms
- Old Term: Clean
- New Term: In remission or recovery
- Old Term: Dirty
- New Term: A person having a positive test results or showing signs of a substance use disorder
Find Drug Rehab Facilities Near Me
Start your search for drug rehab facilities near me by following these instructions.
- Set the category to to the desired treatment.
- Set location to desired city, state or select near me for rehabs near your current location.
- For more refined searches, click the COG icon and set your parameters.
For immediate help, call our addiction hotline:
The majority of data in this directory comes from Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator by SAMSHA.