Mission: To reduce the impact of substance abuse by helping people locate proper addiction treatment and provide accurate recovery information.
Locate alcohol and drug rehab centers near me
START YOUR SEARCH FOR ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTERS
Mindfulness Leaders Of The Modern Recovery Movement
We need to be mindful of how we speak around those in substance abuse to avoid stigma and discouragement. – even if they have been used historically.
Here are some words to avoid that inadvertently pass judgement:
- Old Term: Addict, Alcoholic, Junkie
- New Term: A person with or suffering from a substance use disorder
- Old Term: Lapse, Relapse, Slip
- New Term: Resumed or experienced a “recurrence” of symptoms
- Old Term: Clean
- New Term: In remission or recovery
- Old Term: Dirty
- New Term: A person having a positive test results or showing signs of a substance use disorder