The 12-Step process is often considered the basis for all conventional addiction recovery. Although it may not be the preferred choice for everyone, it provides a behavioral framework to build a life in recovery and continuously strengthen your sobriety. Most rehab centers in the United States are 12 Step-based or at least offer an option to help you or your loved one recover. The 12-Step process addresses all of the aspects of life that may have suffered in the wake of addiction, including self-worth, spirituality, relationships, and more. It relies on admitting a certain level of powerlessness over substance use and putting faith in a higher power to recover.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12 Steps in addiction recovery are broken down as follows:
- Admitting powerlessness over substance use and that’s made life unmanageable
- Belief that a Power greater than ourselves could restore sanity
- Making the decision to turn your will and life over to the care of God as you understand it
- Making a “searching and fearless” moral inventory of yourself
- Admitting to God, yourself, and others the exact nature of your wrongdoings
- Readiness to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asking God to remove your shortcomings
- Making a list of all persons you have harmed, and being willing to make amends to them all
- Making direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so, would injure them or others
- Continuing to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God as you understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, trying to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all your affairs.
Let us help you find a 12-Step rehab in your community today. Our representatives are standing by to help you find a perfect option for you or your loved one.
Many drug rehab programs utilize the 12 step approach for addiction treatment. The twelve steps program is used in local NA and AA meetings as well. The twelve steps first appeared in a 1939 book, “Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How More Than One Hundred Men Have Recovered from Alcoholism.”
Twelve Step Drug Rehabs in Tucson, Arizona, United States
Filter your results for 12 Step in Tucson
- Select "(12) Twelve Step Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)" in the category
- Select the location or near me for listings within 50 miles
Connect with a 12 Step treatment center in Tucson
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Tuscon
Tuscon, and the rest of Arizona, have become a preferred recovery destination for many who are seeking recovery from alcohol and drug addiction. Its dry air, pleasant climate, remote vistas, and comfortable atmosphere make it an ideal place to heal from substance use disorder.
It’s also true, however, that Tuscon residents are battling multiple types of substance use threats in their own backyard, including heroin, opioids, cocaine, meth, fentanyl, and others.
Data from the University of Arizona indicates that drug overdoses cause more than 300 deaths per year in Tuscon and the rest of Pima County. If you or someone you care about are struggling with addiction in the area, stop yourself from becoming another statistic and seek one of Tuscon’s alcohol and drug rehab centers.
What Kind of Rehab Is Right for Me?The type of Tuscon alcohol and drug center you choose will depend on a number of factors, including but not limited to your care needs, lifestyle, insurance resources, personal and professional obligations, and more. The good news is that there are many types of alcohol and drug rehab centers in Tuscon, including but not limited to:
- Inpatient and Residential
- Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient
- Partial-Hospitalization Programs
- Long-Term Care
- 12-Step and SMART Recovery
- Sober Living Resources
- Detox and Withdrawal Management
If you’re worried about the cost of care and paying for treatment, Tuson alcohol and drug rehab centers often accept private insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid, and many offer sliding-scale or financing agreements to help make treatment more affordable.
Let Us Help You Find the Treatment Center You Need
While there are many alcohol and drug rehab centers in Tuscon that may be right for you or your loved one, it can be hard to look for treatment on your own. Our representatives are standing by 24-7 to assess your care needs, lifestyle, and resources to match you with the program that works best for you. Contact us today to start your treatment and recovery.