The 12-Step process is often considered the basis for all conventional addiction recovery. Although it may not be the preferred choice for everyone, it provides a behavioral framework to build a life in recovery and continuously strengthen your sobriety. Most rehab centers in the United States are 12 Step-based or at least offer an option to help you or your loved one recover. The 12-Step process addresses all of the aspects of life that may have suffered in the wake of addiction, including self-worth, spirituality, relationships, and more. It relies on admitting a certain level of powerlessness over substance use and putting faith in a higher power to recover.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12 Steps in addiction recovery are broken down as follows:
- Admitting powerlessness over substance use and that’s made life unmanageable
- Belief that a Power greater than ourselves could restore sanity
- Making the decision to turn your will and life over to the care of God as you understand it
- Making a “searching and fearless” moral inventory of yourself
- Admitting to God, yourself, and others the exact nature of your wrongdoings
- Readiness to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asking God to remove your shortcomings
- Making a list of all persons you have harmed, and being willing to make amends to them all
- Making direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so, would injure them or others
- Continuing to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God as you understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, trying to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all your affairs.
Let us help you find a 12-Step rehab in your community today. Our representatives are standing by to help you find a perfect option for you or your loved one.
Many drug rehab programs utilize the 12 step approach for addiction treatment. The twelve steps program is used in local NA and AA meetings as well. The twelve steps first appeared in a 1939 book, “Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How More Than One Hundred Men Have Recovered from Alcoholism.”
Twelve Step Drug Rehabs in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Filter your results for 12 Step in Atlanta
- Select "(12) Twelve Step Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)" in the category
- Select the location or near me for listings within 50 miles
Connect with a 12 Step treatment center in Atlanta
Alcohol and Drug Rehab Programs in Atlanta
Atlanta is home to a diverse collection of communities and some of the most celebrated nightlife in the United States. Unfortunately, the city is also facing a variety of substance abuse issues, including but not limited to cocaine, alcohol abuse, heroin, counterfeit prescriptions, and meth. Like practically all other states in the country, Georgia is seeking a marked uptick in overdose deaths related to the synthetic opioid fentanyl. If you or someone you care about is battling alcohol or drug addiction in Atlanta, you’re not alone, but you DO need help. The good news is that there are a variety of alcohol and drug rehab centers in Atlanta where you can get the fresh start and second chance you deserve.
Types of Atlanta Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
It can be hard to figure out what kind of help you or your loved one needs when battling substance use disorder. Whether you need medical detox for your acute physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms or comprehensive behavioral rehab to address the root causes associated with your substance abuse, Atlanta has a program for you. Some of the primary options include:
- Inpatient and Residential
- Outpatient and Intensive Outpatient
- Partial-Hospitalization Programs
- Long-Term Care
- 12-Step and SMART Recovery
Let Us Help You Find Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Atlanta Today
Looking for help for drug and alcohol addiction can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help. Our representatives are standing by 24-7 to help you find the right kind of program for you or the person you care about. We will comb our database of treatment centers and conduct a full insurance verification so you can start your treatment immediately. You’re not alone, and you shouldn’t be afraid to ask for help. Contact us now to start your treatment today.