See if Your Insurance Covers Rehab
- Content Reviewed By:
- Andrew McKenna – JD
- Deputy Director of NCADD Westchester
Meditation Therapy Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
Meditation is a common therapeutic tool in alcohol and drug rehab, and it has long been proven to help people stay centered and balanced in long-term sobriety. It helps you regulate your breathing, stay calm, increase your focus, and provides multiple other physiological benefits that can help positively contribute to long-term recovery. Many alcohol and drug rehab centers that offer meditation do so as part of their overall treatment program that combines comprehensive medical detox and behavioral rehab for a full recovery experience. Meditation is led and guided by trained and experienced practitioners who can help you or your loved one get the most out of the experience.
Tips for Meditation Therapy in Drug Rehab
As beneficial as meditation therapy in drug rehab can be, it can be hard for people to embrace it. Often, newer participants are worried about “doing it right” or clearing their minds.
Here are some helpful tips for practicing meditation in treatment and long-term recovery:
- Find a comfortable, quiet, and uninterrupted space Set a time limit (in treatment this will be guided by your practitioner coach)
- Be mindful of your body (mindfulness is a core component of recovery)
- Be aware of your breathing (your practitioner can help you regulate your breath)
- Don’t try to force your mind in anyone direction Be conscious of what you see when you allow your mind to wander
Some people like to increase the sensory experience of meditation by lighting candles or playing music that is considered conventionally soothing. Others like to meditate outdoors in natural spaces with ambient noise guiding their practice. Whether you’re new to meditation or have been practicing it for years, it can be a viable part of the recovery experience by increasing physical and emotional mindfulness. Use our directory to help you find an alcohol or drug rehab center that offers meditation.
Meditation Therapy Drug Rehab Centers
Filter Your Results for Meditation Therapy Rehabs
- Select “Meditation Therapy” in the Category
- Select the Location or “Near Me” for Listings Within 100 Miles
Connect With a Meditation Therapy Addiction Treatment Center
Legacy Healing Centers
A premier behavioral health provider. We specialize comprehensive treatment of addiction. Legacy uses an individualized client-centered approach, designed to build hope, create a stable support network and achieve long-term health and healing. We take Private Insurance Only. View ListingCall :754-399-1216