See if Your Insurance Covers Rehab
- Content Reviewed By:
- Andrew McKenna - JD
- Deputy Director of NCADD Westchester
(12) Twelve Step Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Boynton Beach
The 12-Step process is often considered the foundation for all conventional addiction recovery. While it may not be the preferred choice for everyone, it provides a behavioral framework to build a life in recovery and continually strengthen sobriety. Most rehab centers in the United States are 12 Step-based or offer an option to help individuals recover. The 12-Step process addresses all aspects of life that may have been affected by addiction, including self-worth, spirituality, relationships, and more. It requires admitting a certain level of powerlessness over substance use and putting faith in a higher power to recover.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12 Steps in addiction recovery are broken down as follows:
- Admitting powerlessness over substance use and that’s made life unmanageable
- Belief that a Power greater than ourselves could restore sanity
- Making the decision to turn your will and life over to the care of God as you understand it
- Making a “searching and fearless” moral inventory of yourself
- Admitting to God, yourself, and others the exact nature of your wrongdoings
- Readiness to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asking God to remove your shortcomings
- Making a list of all persons you have harmed, and being willing to make amends to them all
- Making direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so, would injure them or others
- Continuing to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God as you understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, trying to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all your affairs.
Local 12 Step NA and AA Meetings
The twelve steps program is used in local NA and AA meetings as well. The twelve steps first appeared in a 1939 book, “Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How More Than One Hundred Men Have Recovered from Alcoholism.”
Additional Resources to Help You Understand AA and NA
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Find A.A. Near You
- Online Intergroup of Alcoholics Anonymous
- NA Meetings Online & by Phone
- Narcotics Anonymous - Wikipedia
- Alcoholics Anonymous - Wikipedia
- Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How More Than One Hundred Men Have Recovered from Alcoholism
Twelve Step Drug Rehab in Boynton Beach
Filter Your Results for 12 Step Rehabs in Boynton Beach
- Select "(12) Twelve Step" in the Category
- Select the Location or "Near Me" for listings within 100 Miles
Connect with a 12 Step Addiction Treatment Center in Boynton Beach
Legacy Healing Centers
A premier behavioral health provider. We specialize comprehensive treatment of addiction. Legacy uses an individualized client-centered approach, designed to build hope, create a stable support network and achieve long-term health and healing. We take Private Insurance Only. View ListingCall :754-399-1216