The 12-Step process is often considered the basis for all conventional addiction recovery. Although it may not be the preferred choice for everyone, it provides a behavioral framework to build a life in recovery and continuously strengthen your sobriety. Most rehab centers in the United States are 12 Step-based or at least offer an option to help you or your loved one recover. The 12-Step process addresses all of the aspects of life that may have suffered in the wake of addiction, including self-worth, spirituality, relationships, and more. It relies on admitting a certain level of powerlessness over substance use and putting faith in a higher power to recover.
What Are the 12 Steps?
The 12 Steps in addiction recovery are broken down as follows:
- Admitting powerlessness over substance use and that’s made life unmanageable
- Belief that a Power greater than ourselves could restore sanity
- Making the decision to turn your will and life over to the care of God as you understand it
- Making a “searching and fearless” moral inventory of yourself
- Admitting to God, yourself, and others the exact nature of your wrongdoings
- Readiness to have God remove all these defects of character
- Humbly asking God to remove your shortcomings
- Making a list of all persons you have harmed, and being willing to make amends to them all
- Making direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so, would injure them or others
- Continuing to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Seeking through prayer and meditation to improve conscious contact with God as you understand Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for you and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, trying to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all your affairs.
Let us help you find a 12-Step rehab in your community today. Our representatives are standing by to help you find a perfect option for you or your loved one.
Many drug rehab programs utilize the 12 step approach for addiction treatment. The twelve steps program is used in local NA and AA meetings as well. The twelve steps first appeared in a 1939 book, “Alcoholics Anonymous: The Story of How More Than One Hundred Men Have Recovered from Alcoholism.”
Twelve Step Drug Rehabs in Florida, United States
Filter your results for 12 Step in Florida
- Select "(12) Twelve Step Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)" in the category
- Select the location or near me for listings within 50 miles
Connect with a 12 Step treatment center in Florida
Florida Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers
Florida has an infamous and unfortunate legacy when it comes to substance use and addiction. At one time, it was ground zero for “pill mills” (pain management clinics that wrote opioid prescriptions for profit) and is still battling substance use on a variety of fronts. Cocaine continues to be a problem in Miami while prescription painkiller abuse still dominates many areas of the state, from Fort Myers to Fort Lauderdale to Fort Walton Beach. Florida ranks second in the nation for the highest rates of overdose deaths, 7,500 overdose deaths in Florida in 2020 compared to just over 5,500 the year before. If you or your loved one are among the thousands in Florida that need help for addiction, there are many resources available to you.
Substance Abuse Treatment Resources in Florida
In response to the explosion of prescription and illicit drug abuse in the state, Florida has given birth to hundreds of treatment facilities, but not all treatment centers will offer the same services or levels of care. Some will offer inpatient treatment and onsite medical detoxification (detox); others will simply offer outpatient counseling and rehab and offsite coordination with detox. The state also offers many treatment facilities that offer Medicare and Medicaid for patients of advanced age or limited financial means. Florida has also become a preferred recovery destination because of the forgiving climate all year round.
Let Us Help You Find A Florida Rehab Center
It can be hard to understand what kind of rehab you need when you’re starting your search for treatment, which is why our representatives are standing by 24-7 to help you find the right kind of care for your care needs, lifestyle and budgetary resources. You don’t have to struggle with substance use on your own anymore. Contact us today so we can help you begin recovery.