Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the largest private health insurers in the country. The company includes over 35 locally owned insurance entities serving over 105 million customers across the United States across multiple industries. If you or a family member that is covered by your insurance policy is struggling with alcohol or drug abuse, you can use your insurance to pay for all or part of treatment, depending on what type of program you choose. Blue Cross Blue Shield offers four tiers of coverage:
- Bronze Plans – Around 60 percent of medical costs are covered, with a low monthly payment and a high deductible.
- Silver Plans – Covers around 70 percent of medical costs, with a slightly higher monthly payment and lower deductible.
- Gold Plans – Around 80 percent of medical costs are covered with a higher monthly payment and lower deductible.
- Platinum Plans – Approximately 90 percent of medical costs are covered, with the highest monthly payment and the lowest deductible.
The best way to find out exactly how much of your treatment is covered is by getting an insurance verification from the facility you’re considering.
What Types of Substance Abuse Treatment Does Blue Cross Blue Shield Cover?
Blue Cross Blue Shield’s entities cover a full range of substance use treatment modalities; however exact coverage depends on your actual company and coverage level. Services covered include, but are not limited to:
- Inpatient/Residential Treatment
- Outpatient/Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Treatment
- Detox and Withdrawal Management
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
- Sober Housing
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Each person’s plan is different and will need to be reviewed by an admissions professional prior to determining the amount of coverage to which you’re entitled.
Contact Us Today to Find A BCBS Rehab in Your Area
Blue Cross Blue Shield covers patients all across the country, including in your or your loved one’s community. Our representatives are committed to helping you find a rehab center close to you that accepts Blue Cross Blue Shield to make your care more affordable. Contact us today to get started on your treatment.
Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance Rehab Centers
Filter your results for Accept BCBS Insurance rehabs
- Select "Accept Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance" in the category
- Select the location or near me for listings within 50 miles